Anddd it’s June. Before we look at June’s Goals, let’s flip back to May’s.
May was a really good month. I had three trainings: Basic Life Support/CPR Instructor Training (Yes I can certify you!), Lean & Green training to make your worksite more eco-friendly, & Make it Okay trainings, and I scheduled my first LLC presentation. Saw some family & friends and enjoyed the 75 degrees & sunny weather! It was pretty dang good.
Run every Monday at 6am– Check. It was a really great way to start the week. Some runs were better than others but I will continue to do the same distance, but a different route each week. I need to start doing some more hills!
1+ brick workouts/week– Check! I would only run maybe 10 minutes after a bike workout so this month I plan on stepping up that a bit. Again if you forgot what brick workouts are, click here.
Melodica 1+ times/week. Oh, yes I did. And I have “Bad Romance” down for the Lady Gaga debut for my friend’s wedding next month. I’m so excited. That thing is so obnoxious but hilarious.
Thank you card– More like a thank you post-check. I wrote it for Ashlee Secord- click here to see the post.
Volunteer/Donation– check. I donated to my friend’s new start-up company in Wisconsin & also watched my very talented friend, Pawan, and contributed to his Concert for Nepal. His family lives in Nepal and is struggling to give food & water to their community due to lack of transportation and resources. I would like to do a monthly donation or volunteer.
Sunglasses/Visor every workout– check! Not a big fan of visors. I didn’t feel like it was protecting my nose as well as I thought it would so I’ll just stick to sunglasses and coat my nose full of 70 proof spf.
Run around the lake 3 times– check-Sort of. I did the same distance that running around the lake 3 times would be, but I found a course I liked better that did a figure 8 around 2 lakes . Eleven miles though…my poor knees.
Health video– check! I started A Simple Side of Health video. Only thing is, can someone let me know if the video is actually slow or if my computer is? It doesn’t seem to be playing well. I may have to redo it.
Whiteboard challenge draft- check. Wrote a bunch of notes on a notepad. Still have to format it a bit better and see what Kristen thinks about it.
Join a club or team– sort of…I looked into free running & biking groups in the Twin Cities, found a few, joined their mailing list, but I haven’t participated in an activity yet. Either I’m out of town or not back early enough from work to make it. I’m hoping to make it to a group running tomorrow if I get off work early enough.
Swim 1.5 miles– nope. The only goal I did not meet. I was doing so well but after three-fourths of a mile the pool was packed and there were 5, including myself, in my lane. It was driving me nuts….I know, excuses. But this is the month!
Alright, now on to tackle June:
- Track on myfitnesspal, daily– I would like to track my food intake and exercise every day. I want to make sure I am getting enough calories in my diet for how much I am burning. Plus, it’s really important to be aware of my eating & exercising habits in general. I am not a big tracker so I know this goal will be hard for me.
- Two (or more) brick workouts per week- stepping up the brick workouts! I would like to do at least two per week and really get my body in gear!
- Swim 1.5 miles– this is the month!
- Hip strengtheners 3 or more times per week- My right leg is shorter than my left, so my pelvis tilts, which is causing my knee pain…says the 5 physical therapists I worked with at a wellness fair a few weeks ago. They showed me some hip strengtheners that will help reduce my pain and improve my race performance.
- Write MOH speech– MOH= Maid of Honor speech. I had to edit the image because I put “MOA” for some reason. Awesome. Anyways, big wedding coming up and I randomly think about what I want to say in my car but it would be good to start structuring it a bit. She’s my best friend so I want it to be a good one.
Also, if you want to make free graphics like mine, just go to picmonkey.com. It’s free and easy!
- Melodica 1x/week– practicing the melodica just cracks me up. Plus, I might include more of it into my MOH speech if I feel confident enough. It’s just fun to play. Maybe one day I can be as wild as this guy.
…And survive my birthday. It’s my golden birthday this month and a few friends have some “plans” it. Welp, I just hope to survive it. 🙂
Alright, done! What are your June goals? Feel free to share them. Not sure how to set them? Click here for more information or search “motivation” and “goal setting” in the search box located in the top right of the screen.
Thanks for reading,
Twitter à @ InPower Coach