Thanks TIME for some tips on how to live without regret!
First, what do we regret the most?
- You’re more likely to regret the things you didn’t do than the things you did. (The split is about 75/25.)
- Education was the biggest inducer of regret, followed by career, romance, parenting, the self, and leisure.
- You’re more likely to regret purchasing things. You’re more likely to regret not purchasing experiences.
And for the big picture: what do people regret the most before they die?
1. “I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.”
2. “I wish I didn’t work so hard.”
3. “I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.”
4. “I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.”
5. “I wish that I had let myself be happier.”
So what can you do to live a life without regret?
- First, stop worrying…
View original post 167 more words